Monday 7 December 2009

Bear and the @rt of rafting

Ahoy there blogmates! This week Homepride man, his sons Homey and Maloney and their little pal Piglet decided to take a rafting holiday on Tooting Common pond. 
When I saw them off they were cruising happily on their way to the bird sanctuary in the middle of the lake. But then, disaster! The wind turned sou' westerly and blew them off course into a remote and inaccessible part of the lake. There they were grounded, on a spit of land that I could not reach. Imagine my agony knowing that my mates were so near and yet so far. In need of help that I could not give them.
The last time I looked, about three days later, there was no sign of Homepride man or piglet or Maloney, but Homey was looking fat and healthy. Could it be dear reader, no don't think it....could it be that in his delirium and distress Homey had killed and eaten his shipmates? Or could it be that the three matelots had staggered off in search of help and are now wandering blind and exposed around the mud-slathed middens of the Common, searching in vain for a friendly face or someone who at least speaks their language - Finnish. 

We may never know. All I can wish for is that one day I will open my kitchen cupboard doors and there will be their smiling, flour and dirt splattered faces beaming up at me and asking 'When can we go again?'.And I shall wish reader, I shall wish with all my heart.

1 comment: